The Coaching for Performance program provides supervisors and managers with the listening and goal setting skills they need to support and direct their staff. The Coaching program builds cooperation, trust and personal initiative. It can also generate successful systems changes.
Leslie has worked as a coach with companies including Bayer, Phantom Industries and Aamco. The Coaching for Managers program is helpful in empowering employees, ensuring continuous improvements in systems and improving cooperation between co-workers.
The Coaching For Managers program complements and enhances the long-term value of any training program.
- One-to-one assessment of what employees need to do better at work.
- Supervisors and managers take training to be effective coaches.
- Supervisors and managers meet weekly with each of their staff members.
Central to the Program
- Anonymous feedback from staff to their managers
- Training managers to listen, support and reward staff more effectively
- Creating a high trust work environment
One of the most compelling benefits of introducing the program is that managers are able to focus on helping their staff to keep getting better at their jobs. The Coaching for Managers program helps managers and supervisors to empower employees and prevent crisis management.
Participants Will Learn
- How coaching differs from training
- How employees learn best
- How to avoid creating conflict
- How to ensure follow-through on employee work commitments
The Value of Coaching
- Understanding how coaching changes behaviour
- Learning the structure of a coaching session
- Using effective listening
- Helping employees define realistic goals for the week ahead
- Getting realistic commitments
- Evaluating successes and setbacks
- Rewarding individuals
- Applying coaching principals at team meetings
In 5 weeks each participant will receive four individual coaching sessions, and a 3 hour group seminar. After the training, particpants will begin to coach their staff. Four weeks later they will be supervised during 2 of the coaching sessions that they are providing for their staff. Three months later the coaches will meet for 2 hours to share their successes.
Coaching for individuals who have a specific issue to resolve is also available.