The Communicate for Success seminar teaches the essential speaking and listening skills that everyone needs to build relationships and handle conflict. Participants learn to generate common ground, identify common goals, make clear points and help others speak and feel understood. This seminar helps individuals respond well to others by teaching them the structure of effective communication.
- Hook the interest of the listener
- Frame comments to achieve a receptive response
- Use voice tone and posture to increase rapport and trust
- Deliver information, feeling and the point
- Listen well using mirroring and paraphrasing
- Ask questions that support the speaker
- Practice in small groups
- Plan to use these communication skills to reduce conflict and negotiate agreements
- Learn how to build morale and teamwork with staff
- "I learned how to prevent arguments and prevent misunderstandings."
- "Leslie was very clear and very helpful. He models what he teaches."
- "This seminar is invaluable."